Available (historical) courses in radioactive waste management in Europe

An overview of available (historical) courses in the field of radioactive waste management is available here.
This table provides information on training courses organized in Europe and includes the following information:

  • Course title
  • EURATOM project
  • Organization hosting the training course
  • Other organizing participants
  • Weblink
  • Year
  • Type of training
  • Online/Face-to-face (FTF)
  • Platform/Location
  • Language
  • Required knowledge
  • Target audience
  • Link to EURAD Themes (Roadmap)


EURAD Work Package 13 identified over 150 courses related to radioactive waste management. The search focused on EURATOM projects and initiatives of nuclear organizations, such as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA). The table shows training courses organized between 2012 and June 2021.
Over 61% of the courses was organized in the frame of a EURATOM project. The average duration of the identified courses is 1 week. About 80% are Face-To-Face. The remaining 20% are organized online. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, these online courses are even more relevant as they allow end-users to attend these from their home.

Should you have additional questions, please contact EURAD Work Package 13 via mail or the contact form.