- This item has passed.
Lunch & Learn | Implementation of the world’s first geologic disposal facility for spent nuclear fuel – Status update from Finland
June 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
At the end of 2021, Posiva Oy submitted to the Finnish Government the application for a licence to operate a geological repository for spent nuclear fuel at the Olkiluoto site, off the South-West coast of the country. The talk will focus on the following:
• Overall schedule for disposal operations
• The licensing process and division of responsibilities in Finland
• The safety case supporting the operating license application
• Current status of the of the geologic disposal facility and encapsulation plant
• Addressing challenges related to the construction and operation of a deep geologic repository
• Path forward toward the beginning of spent nuclear fuel disposal
Presented by Barbara Pastina. Recorded on June 22nd 2022.
Click here to view the recording of this Lunch & Learn session.